CTpvr.com :: View topic - CT TV Listings - Now in Public Beta

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CT TV Listings - Now in Public Beta
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTpvr.com Forum Index -> CTpvr & CT TV Listings Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
carm
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: CT TV Listings - Now in Public Beta Reply with quote

Status Update: - 09/20/2007

We are pleased to announce the official start of our new TV Listings service. A new forum thread has been started with the official announcement.

Official Announcement

Our Prices
Free Listings (Includes: Show times, Title, Sub-title, Description, 4 days of data) - 3 Month Plan: FREE
Listings Lite (Includes: Show times, Title, Sub-title, Description) - One Year Plan: $7.00
Full Listing No Cast & Crew - One Year Plan: $12.00
Full Listings with Cast/Crew - One Year Plan: $15.00
Full Listing No Cast & Crew - Monthly Plan: $2.00
Full Listings with Cast/Crew - Monthly Plan: $3.00

Status Update: - 09/11/2007
We'll be ready to go live in just a few more days. In order to blast things off we are introducing a very Special Offer.

Status Update: - 09/09/2007
1 - CT TV Listings Beta 8 is available. For the most part it reset your trial period.
2 - Web interface for creating and managing accounts is coming soon.
3 - Linux version of CT TV Listings is taking longer than expected. We are trying to get a beta out be the end of this week.

Status Update - 09/01/2007
Our apologies for not having the service available for sale by Sept 1st. We are at the stage where the Lawyers attempt to keep all parties happy. This can take 1-2 Weeks, but we are technically ready to go once we get the green flag. We will be offering a very special super low kick-off price to make it up to those eager to go.

We are running an important poll about cast and crew data. Click here to read or participate: Cast and Crew Poll

Download: CT TV Listings B08 - Mirror

Beta 8 for Windows is Available - 09/09/2007
Resets trial period.

Beta 7 for Windows is Available - 08/31/2007
Resets trial period.

Beta 6 for Windows is Available - 08/24/2007 Morning
Improved Download speed.
Resets the 7 day trial period.
Added setup step marker for easier setup.

Beta 5 for Windows is Available - 08/23/2007 Morning
Changes includes bug fixes and improvements.

Beta 4 for Windows is Available - 08/22/2007 Morning
Added Member services providing the ability to change password, email address and request email resend of activation key.

Beta 3 for Windows is Available - 08/21/2007 Evening
Made modifications to help improve performance for those with dial out service.
Added information area to show last download time and xml modified date.
Added a button to allow quick viewing of the downloaded xml file with wordpad.

Beta 2 for Windows is Available - 08/20/2007 Evening
Now with the ability to customize your lineups.

Beta 1 for Windows is Available - 08/20/2007 Morning
This software is very simple to configure and use. Here are the steps needed to start using it.
1 - Enter setup after starting
2 - Setup a user account by creating a user-name and password.
3 - Activate the account be entering a activation code you will receive by email.
4 - Create your lineups. Lineups can be created even if you have not activated your account.
5 - Select your preferred file format. Choices are:
...... A) Native CT TV Listings which is compatible with CTpvr
...... B) Zap2it Data Direct which is almost identical to the soon to be gone Zap2it service.
...... C) XMLTV using XMLTV Ch Id - This almost identical to what you get from XMLTV using the Zap2it.
...... D) XMLTV using Zap2it Ch Id - This almost identical to what you get from software that downloaded directly from the free Zap2it DD.
6 - Select and output location for you listings xml data file.
7 - Close setup

Now you are ready to download the listings. You can also choose to conduct unattended downloads by enabling Auto Listings Downloads.

Up to five lineups are supported. The XMLTV format also supports it but more than one file we be created(i.e. List.xml, List1.xml, List2.xml etc.). At this time you can not select what channels to download. We will have an update in a few days that will provide that ability.

A new server is being installed which will be ready the end of this week. Until then some larger downloads can take a few minutes.

This program can be started with command line options to run from other apps. Here is an example of how to download your listings while keeping CT TV Listings hidden ( ctlistings --auto --service:ctpvr ). There are other cmd lines that will override some of your settings like days to download. We'll provide a complete list later this week.

We recommend when testing just to download a couple of days of listings

Pushing On Ahead - 08/11/2007
We decided to push ahead with our plan of CT TV Listings. Our
introductory prices are as follows; $3.50 for monthly plan or $30.00 for a one year prepaid plan that comes to $2.50 per month. We are working hard at releasing a beta version by Sunday 08/12/2007.

New Product: CT Program Listings Software - 08/06/2007
We are working on a new product to bring you up to 14 days of high quality program listings data. It will be available to individuals for non-commercial use only. Covering all of the USA Cable and DISH providers except for OTA. There will be two licensing options available. The first is based on a monthly fee and the second is a discounted prepaid 12 month package. Either purchase type will expire at the end of the term unless renewed.

Pricing will be announced in the very near future. Please check back for further pricing details. Contact us should you have any questions, comments or suggestions.

The listings file will be delivered in XML format. It will contain premium content like Show type, Cast & Crew, Genres, Advisories and Original Air Date. To have a better idea of level of quality, Take a look at the sample data below.

Sample Data:
ZIP: http://ctpvr.com/downloads/ctlistings/ctlistings.zip
XML: http://ctpvr.com/downloads/ctlistings/ctlistings.xml

Last edited by carm on Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:11 am; edited 24 times in total
sgrayban

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the 15th now..... no beta yet?

And is this going to be a straight XML feed that even linux users can use because at this price its way cheaper then the other services are wanting to charge.
carm
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sgrayban,

The listings data will be provided via the CT TV Listings application for now. A Windows beta will be available in a day or two. A Linux version may possibly be available before sept 1st. An xml feed will depend on negotiations and Laywers.

Regards,
Carm.
sgrayban

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff !! Keep me in mind for the linux version... I can help test it if you need that.

We have just a couple weeks before zap2it dies and our feeds go blank.
hondo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carm wrote:
Hi sgrayban,

The listings data will be provided via the CT TV Listings application for now. A Windows beta will be available in a day or two. A Linux version may possibly be available before sept 1st. An xml feed will depend on negotiations and Laywers.
What does this mean exactly? If the xml feed is not available initially, then what exactly will the Windows beta do? Is this a Windows application that shows the listings, but does not actually make that listing data available to other applications?
carm
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi hondo,

CT TV Listings will allow you to:
1) Create and manage user accounts
2) Create and manage lineups(Max of 5).
3) Download Listings to XML (You can select the file location).
4) Schedule time to auto download listings
5) Choose XML layout; CT Native which is similar to Zap2it DD and XMLTV.

Regards,
Carm.
hondo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good!

Quote:

3) Download Listings to XML (You can select the file location).
5) Choose XML layout; CT Native which is similar to Zap2it DD and XMLTV.
Your comment above "An xml feed will depend on negotiations and Laywers" makes it sounds like there is a good chance the xml side of things wouldnt happen. Your solution sounds useful for me if I can get the xml feed, but not if I cant. When do you expect to have this legal stuff and negotiations out of the way so that we can get xml from CT TV Listings? Before zap2it goes away?
carm
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hondo wrote:
Sounds good!

Your comment above "An xml feed will depend on negotiations and Laywers" makes it sounds like there is a good chance the xml side of things wouldnt happen. Your solution sounds useful for me if I can get the xml feed, but not if I cant. When do you expect to have this legal stuff and negotiations out of the way so that we can get xml from CT TV Listings? Before zap2it goes away?

The legality only applies to a direct XML feed. Like the use of a browser to attain the feed vs access through our application. We are on track for a version 1 release in about a week.

Regards,
Carm.
hondo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carm wrote:
The legality only applies to a direct XML feed. Like the use of a browser to attain the feed vs access through our application. We are on track for a version 1 release in about a week.
Sorry, thats still not very clear to me. In this version 1 release, will I be able to get an xmltv file which I can then copy across to my linux box to import into my mythtv setup?
carm
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hondo wrote:
carm wrote:
Sorry, thats still not very clear to me. In this version 1 release, will I be able to get an xmltv file which I can then copy across to my linux box to import into my mythtv setup?

Yes you will be able to do this with the CT TV Listing version 1.0

Regards,
Carm.
hondo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. I'll hold off on the Schedule Direct subscription then.
timko

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will listings for Canada be available?
carm
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timko wrote:
Will listings for Canada be available?

Listings for Canada will not be available with our initial release. We have plans to include them in the future. We will provide further information in about 3 to 4 weeks.

Regards,
Carm.
carm
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beta 1 for Windows is Available - 08/20/2007

This software is very simple to configure and use. Here are the steps needed to start using it.
1 - Enter setup after starting
2 - Setup a user account by creating a user-name and password.
3 - Activate the account be entering a activation code you will receive by email.
4 - Create your lineups. Lineups can be created even if you have not activated your account.
5 - Select your preferred file format. Choices are:
...... A) Native CT TV Listings which is compatible with CTpvr
...... B) Zap2it Data Direct which is almost identical to the soon to be gone Zap2it service.
...... C) XMLTV using XMLTV Ch Id - This almost identical to what you get from XMLTV using the Zap2it.
...... D) XMLTV using Zap2it Ch Id - This almost identical to what you get from software that downloaded directly from the free Zap2it DD.
6 - Select and output location for you listings xml data file.
7 - Close setup

Now you are ready to download the listings. You can also choose to conduct unattended downloads by enabling Auto Listings Downloads.

Up to five lineups are supported. The XMLTV format also supports it but more than one file we be created(i.e. List.xml, List1.xml, List2.xml etc.). At this time you can not select what channels to download. We will have an update in a few days that will provide that ability.

A new server is being installed which will be ready the end of this week. Until then some larger downloads can take a few minutes.

This program can be started with command line options to run from other apps. Here is an example of how to download your listings while keeping CT TV Listings hidden ( ctlistings --auto --service:ctpvr ). There are other cmd lines that will override some of your settings like days to download. We'll provide a complete list later this week.

We recommend when testing just to download a couple of days of listings.

Last edited by carm on Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
sgrayban

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn...... this worked in wine all the way up to setting up the program....
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTpvr.com Forum Index -> CTpvr & CT TV Listings Announcements All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: