Joined: 02 May 2003
|Posted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:05 am Post subject: CTpvrClient Beta Release of V1.2B01
|• CTpvr Client Version 1.2B01 - 04-19-06
Requires CTpvr Version 1.2B02.
CTpvr Client allows you to connect more than one PC to CTpvr running in server mode. The Client looks and operates almost identical to CTpvr. You do not have to install the Client version on to the PC running CTpvr. This Client does require you to run CTpvr version 1.2B02 or above on the PC acting as the server. The Client PC must have Read & Write access to your Recordings & CTpvr folders on the acting Server( This can be accomplished through Windows Sharing).
This version shares same theme structure as CTpvr making all themes compatible(note: theme not updated will require a change to provide server listing). It also includes the same plugin architecture found in CTpvr
• Watch Buffered Live TV ( Requires Mpeg Decoders )
• ETV-Guide with search capabilities
• Schedule & Cancel Recordings
• Create and Manage your recording favorites
• Watch your Recordings ( Requires Mpeg Decoders )
• Listen to Music Libraries
• Watch Saved Movies & Videos
• Play DVDs (Client PC requires DVD reader)
• Plugins Support.
• Customizable Theme based user interface.
• Menu Transition Animation.
• Native support for MCE type remotes.
There is a shortcut in the CTpvr Windows Menu group that can start CTpvr in server mode. The Client has a menu item(Server List) in CTpvr Client the will show the PCs on your network. Use this list to connect to the PC acting as a server. Once connected you will have most of the function available in CTpvr.